Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Great Day Indeed

It's indeed a great day today!

A sudden and strong inducement of my daughter made me start blogging at this moment. She has been blogging since more than a year and thus far ahead of me. She taught me to enter into this new format of creativity that I longed for ever since I knew about what blogging is. I feel very much delighted of the event.

I don't remember when exactly I heard or came to know about computer. I started using a computer just by March 2003 after I changed my job from a corporate sector to a development one. My use of computer is limited to typing with Microsoft word, using internet and visiting/browsing websites. But I am aware of the multitudinous performance of computer. When I took charge of editing and publishing a children's quarterly I came to know how this works wonder in layout and designing of books. It is flexible enough to capture and shape one’s intricate ideas of get-up.  Computers made printing process dead easy.   

I used to write with pen and paper from childhood. Almost all elders did so. But a sheet of white paper always captivated and inspired me a lot. It would take me to the endless world of imagination when I must seek for a good flowing pen to write my ideas. Pen and paper have become a part and parcel of my life ever since I started writing poems in 1971. They still play a vital role in my writing activities even today.

Coming to a PC set I realized the blank word-page and the key-board are no less inspiring to put ideas into words. Some of my poems and articles I entered straight into a computer and created files to save them. It was a great experience to feel the difference and similarity between a PC set and pen-paper mode of expressions. 

When I created this blog today now I thought about who is going to visit and peruse my blog at all! There may be millions of blogs posted till today all over the world. Either I have to let others know about my blog or some people may visit it randomly ever. However it’s a kind of instantly global self-publishing of one’s works which can be accessible to all at once. The best ones must catch the best eyes always. Everyone has a right to express and when you have something new, different, more and better to say you must say that. That will surely contribute the human civilization something or other to march forward. That may stimulate someone to come out of their stupor. After all when I release my ideas I at least feel a sigh of relief. Whatever formats, expressing oneself creatively is a bit of becoming self-fulfilled.

Guessing I am not going to write something right now my daughter told me to post something from my previous writings to start with the blog. But I assured her to write something new and post it as my first blog-work. This is why this article saw its light.

It was indeed a great day today. Sri Aurobindo left his body on December 5. His body remained medically intact for about four days without any sign of decay. The Mother of Sri Aurobindo Ashram revealed that an aura of light radiated from his body till mahasamadhi on December 9. It was the great sacrifice which caused descent of supramental light, force and consciousness into the world atmosphere. The mother then took charge of the task of supramental change in earth nature & earth consciousness.

World Wide Web, Internet and weblog etc are the words of a new age. They express and reflect both the oneness and the diversity of life and the whole world. This can be realized only when all can access them for the benefit of one and all. Otherwise there is every chance of misuse by ugly hands.

Sri Aurobindo sought for world unity. He dedicated his life for an integral metamorphosis of earth nature by an upward process of evolution and with conscious collaboration of mankind. But ‘belief shall be not till the work is done.’ Done or not done, he will be most remembered and revered for ever as a giant prophet of the time.

Today the December 9, 2010 is a great day indeed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment